Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Flytec Race and Rally task 1

We travelled to Dunellon because we had strong winds forcast and it's a bigger more open airport.  The task was 70ish km to Quest and then south to lake wales for a total of about 150km.  I was near the end of the ordered launch and was fine with that.  Having not flown for a long time I wanted stay out of the way and take my time.  The first bit of the tow was pretty sporty and I auto released at about 300'.  I skipped the bits of lift around not wanting to struggle to get up from so low.  I landed a fare distance away from the launch area to stay out of the way but it was a bit of a walk.  After getting back to the launch line I took off my harness and grabbed some water.  The stress of towing and the walk takes a lot out of you.  Soon after the sea breeze hit and killed all the lift.  Every one that hadn't gotten away by then had to tear down and hit the road. About 15 made goal.


No comments: