Tuesday, May 13, 2008

High hopes

Today as we headed out of Calgary we high overcast milky looking cloud. The forecast was good so we headed out to the tow road. By the time we got there things were looking much better. By the time we got set up it looked awesome. With a 30km/h west wind I was hoping for some good lift and a long flight. I was ready first and took the first tow. I towed into a themal climbing at 1800ft/min while still on tow. I was trying to figure out how high I was and if I should pin off. I always prefer to pin off in some thing than trying to go back and find it once I release. I towed to the end of the road before I pinned off I didn’t find anything until I got back to our set up area. I found some broken lift with some bullets that I couldn’t get around in. With the strong wind I soon drifted away and landed shortly after. John and Moore took a few tows each and never got above tow height. I wish I would have pinned off earlier in that strong lift. The forecast gets better every day for the next week so hopefully tomorrow will be better.

No comments: