Thursday, February 10, 2011

Endless Summer.

After a poor summer flying season and an early start to winter again I just couldn't stand to go an entire winter without flying again. My first thought was to try and find a job in New Zealand flying tandems. After sending an e mail to Jim Ronney he suggested Sky Adventures. I sent them an e mail and they offered me a job. After learning the process and getting my Visa I finally booked my plane ticket for the 3rd of Feb.

I had a three hour flight into San Fransico from Calgary and then a 12hr flight to Auckland. The flight was uneventful and I managed to get enough sleep on the plane that I wasn't too tired when I arrived.

My job is near Nelson on the south island so I figured I'd spend a day in Auckland as I didn't think I would be back unitl I headed home. Auckland has a feel much like Vancouver. It seems the economy has hit the young girls here hard. They can't afford skirts that much more than cover their butt's. I rented a car to explore the town. Auckland wasn't really the best place to try and get used to driving on the left side of the road. I didn't have any problems but I constantly have to think about where I am and need to be on the road.

From Nelson I rented another car to drive to Motueka and get myself familiar with the area. We operate out of a busy little airport with a pit special that does scenic flight. A sky dive out fit, and a flight school with cesnas and helicopters. The place is beautiful right near the ocean and on the edge of the Tasmin national park. This is going to be a great place to spend a few months.

2 comments:

Serge said...

Wow. That is a lot of freedom to be able to decide something like this. I hope you'll get your fill but won't fly too much. I heard tandems over there are crazy races up and down the hill. :D

Unknown said...

Sounds great... Keep the stories coming.