Friday, June 26, 2009

Short and Sweet.

The forecast was for over development and thunder showers today so we rushed to get off early. A short 100km task was called but as the clouds got darker they cancelled the day and pilots launched to free fly. I was towards the back of launch so was one of the last that choose to launch. The launch is steep off the north side of Chabre and with a good breeze blowing in take off was easy. I headed down the ridge and started looking for the camp ground. Every one seems to know the name of every peek with in two hundred miles and I have no idea which way is north. I find myself totaly lost here. The camp ground was easy to find as many had already landed and dozens were circling over head. The air was smooth and it was very pleasant flight. I slotted my self in with the other half dozen pilots on final approach and put in a perfect landing near the edge of the feild so I wouldn't have to far to get out of the way. With 100 gliders in the landing feild it takes up about a third of the landing area. So a some what small feild is made even smaller. Not only was it raining gliders it started raining hard less than a minute after I touched down. I was very impress with how well evey one was landing in the down pour. Only one broken down tube. Most landings were very good. Hopefully we have some better days ahead.

2 comments:

Paul P said...

Robbie! Saw you in Johnny's video from Day 5! You're lookin' hot b@tch! Hope you're having a good time! I'm rootin' for you buddy! Fly well & fly safe!

Jason Dyer said...

Hey Rob,
Thanks for keeping up with your blog. Some of us have to live vicariously through others. I enjoy reading about exploits, trials, and accomplishments from people in hang gliding and especially from people I know. Keep up the good work and good luck.