Sunday, April 3, 2011

East coast tour.

I've added some pictures to older posts. My last day's off I headed out to the east coast. I started off going to Hanmer Springs. It's a nice little city that has mostly newer buildings. The area around town reminds me a lot of the Kamloops area. They have some hot springs there which I spent a couple hours in relaxing. They have lots to do including bungy jumping, jet boating, quad bikes, rafting, horse trecks and more. I was going to do a trail ride in the morning but it was raining so I just hit the road. My next stop was at a seal colony. Can't remember how to spell the name of the town. I almost stepped on a seal which jumped up and barked at me from two feet away. Scared the crap out of me. After grabing some garlic shimp for lunch I headed north up the coast to Bleimner and did some shopping before heading back west and home.

They look a lot scarier from a couple feet with there teeth showing.


A few seal facts.


Most bridges here are one lane. They jump off this one.


Typical narrow Kiwi road but fun to drive.
Mariua falls created from a big earth quake in Murchison.

No comments: