Sunday, April 3, 2011

Number two all time.

I took a Brazilian girl for a tandem flight the other day. I will rank her as the second most scared person I have taken so far. I picked her and three others up in Nelson. Once we got to the hanger she was vocal about the fact she was scared. It's common that people are nervous but I didn't realize how nervous she was until we were putting on the harness. She was breathing heavy and nearly in tears. She had taken a fear of flying course before she left Brazil in order to get on a plane. She started screaming as we started rolling and didn't stop until she ran out of breath. She was calmer once we were up a few hundred feet which I had suggested as we were getting ready. She was still nervous but relaxed enough to enjoy the view. A short burst of panic set in again once we let go of the tug and you get that dropping sensation. Lucky for us the air was smooth and she did enjoy the flight. After landing she was very excited. The funny thing is she is from Rio which is the biggest tandem site in the world. I'm not sure she would have been able to run off the ramp in Rio. Aero towing has it's advantages. I think the over under harness makes them feel more secure as well.

No comments: