Thursday, July 3, 2008

Day Two.


setting up on launch

Tom Peirce's daughter and driver extrodinare, Katie.


Damn hot!! (39c) I’ve been unable to sleep in this heat. I’ve gotten about four hours of sleep a night for the last few days. With the lack of sleep and extreme heat I haven’t felt up to par. I forgot my vario in the truck and by the time I got back up to launch a huge cloud was covering the whole valley. I was thinking it take at least an hour to clear or worse yet blow up. I decided to tear down and after I had all my baton’s pulled the sky cleared. Oh well It just wasn’t meant to be for me today. Fiona and Paul did a 60km triangle and Christine flew out to Mansfield and back. Paul forgot to turn on his track log. Tough lesson many pilots have had to learn. Leif is still working on his glider. I missed a great day and lost a lot of ground.

No comments: