Monday, March 28, 2011

West coast tour.

A veiw of the west coast

A beautiful day on the coast.
Well I headed down the west coast on my last days off. Finally doing a bit of site seeing before I head home. They get quite a bit of rain on the west coast but I was lucky enough to get some really good weather for my days off. The coast line is beautiful along the west coast. I can't use my own computer to get on line so posting pictures is a bit of a pain but I will post some when I can. Some British tourists said their was a Kiwi bird at a road side stop so I went looking for it. It was very friendly and not to camera shy. When I got back to work they informed me that what I had saw was a whacker. Very few New Zealanders have ever seen a kiwi bird in the wild. I spent the night in Greymouth at a campground/cabins. When I headed out in the morning I run into the air force guys that were here in Motueka. They said they were getting a lot more pot plants on the west coast. Making lots of unhappy farmers. In the afternoon I did a quad tour for a couple hours which was fun before heading home. The roads here are very narrow and twisty. Most of the bridges are only a single lane. The scenery is amazing. I really enjoy driving in the country here and even gotten used to driving on the left side of the road. Work continues to be slow. Not sure what the main cause is but it makes for long days. I'll be trying to do a bit more before I have to head home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Why is it called a whacker? Does it have trouble landing? Glad you're doing some sightseeing while you can. Would like to see the pics when you can post them. :)