Sunday, January 6, 2013

Opening Ceremonies.

The parade of nations started at the bowling club and went along the river finishing up at the Rugby club.  It was a short walk but was still near 40c when the parade began. 

I think 23 nations are represented here and just about all the best pilots are here.  Should be a very competitive meet.

After all the nations were introduce we had some orderves before the speeches started.  The FAI president, Vicki Cain, the mayor and a few others gave speeches.  Following that was a welcome BBQ put on by the town.  The food was awesome.  After that they had some live music and we danced into the night.  It was a very nice warm summer evening.  Meet some new people and had a great visit with lots of people. 

I think it was a Colombian was the first to grab his flag and start dancing with it.  This inspired a bunch of to grab our flags and join in.  I must have had a few too many rums as I some how managed to grab the Austrian flag by mistake.  I'll have to look at my glider to remind me of what our flag looks like.

No comments: