Thursday, April 24, 2008

Deja Vu!

First day is a triangle we did twice last year. I towed up early and climbed out easy with several other gliders. We hang out high over the resort before heading to the edge of the eight km start circle. I make it to the first turn point with out too much trouble then it get hard. We had a lot of trouble along this leg last year and this year is the same. With a low cloud base and week lift I strugle to make any milage. I'm low over the prison and get a week climb right next to it. I don't like this spot as the air space over a prision is restricted air space. I see two glider's climbing over the swamp but stick with what I have. This turns out to be a bad choice and I soon land with Mark D and Bruce. Not a bad start. Several comps I've been to I havn't gotten out of the tow paddock so I'm happy enough with my first day.

No comments: