Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hero to Zero.

I got very lucky yesturday and every thing was working for me. Today I got very unlucky and nothing seemed to work. I launched early and followed a group to the edge of the start circle. I was at the bottom of the stack and hit the lift first. Every one join's me in very crappy lift. No one is really gaining any height and they all run back to the resort. The water tower is close and always works but I don't want to risk going alone and landing so I head back too not sure if I'm going to make it. I find enough scrappy lift to make it back to the resort and spend the next fourty minutes making low save after low save. I finally give up and land after 1hr and 15min to take a relight. Every one is gone so I have some water before getting a high tow and head out on course. I find the day very hard and work hard for every mile. I get to the first turn point when I see my first glider of the day. It's Fiona and we fly together for the next few miles. She gets low and I head off on my own. It's getting late and the lift is really weak. I strech my glide out as far as I can before I land in famers field. Their is several gliders land around me. Fiona was able to make a couple of low saves and makes another five kms. Their is ten pilots between us. After such a late start I'm happy to make it half way around the course.

No comments: