Monday, July 6, 2009

Ran out of time.

Sorry I didn't finish my last post as I ran out of change and time. The big upset the last day was when Manfred landed at the first turn point, this left it open for Alex or Jonny to win. I'm not sure what Manfred did but I think he may have been trying to shake off pilots following him around. Jonny finished second on the day but too far behind Nene to get enough points to catch Alex in the over all results. Alex had heard that Manfred went down early and said the last hour was the hardest flying of his life. Many of these guys have been trying to win the worlds for a long time and with Manfred in the field, having won three world titles, it's a tough task. With the worlds only happening every two years you don't get many chances in your life time to win. Just ask Andre Wolfe or Gerolf.

The Americans did really well. With Jeff winning the first day and Dustin finishing 7th and Zac 4th. I was really impressed with the US team. They could be a force if they all stick with it. Several others in the past have shown so much potential then fade away. I feel really lucky to have been a part of the worlds this year and had a great time. The great thing about these comps is the new friends you make and seeing old friends you only get to see at comps. This was no exception and I meet some great new friends that did a lot to help me out. I felt like an orphan that the world adopted. I look forward to trying to make it to Italy in two years.

1 comment:

frogparts said...

Congrats Rob!, You've truly "stomped amongst the giants"!